Friday, September 26, 2008

The cardboard sign Evangelism - another oldie but a goodie

Once years ago we were asked to do an evangelism project when I was doing youth ministry. We prayed about it and I decided to use cardboard signs along the road like homeless people do. My brother wanted to hand out hot chocolate to homeless. So we chose to combine both ideas or leading's and we decided to go to Ester Short Park in downtown Vancouver. We had several signs "What matters most?", "Honk if you love Jesus" and "Why lie I need Jesus".

It was great especially when you saw the cars honking and the unbelievers seeing at least some public acknowledgment of those who claim to follow Christ being done outside Church walls. See the thing is only 2% of Christians share their faith outside of Church. I am glad to be in the top 2% and worse yet only 8% of Pastors do, not that its only their fault there are just flaws in the system.

We also got to talk to some homeless guys and gave some new socks and such along with the hot chocolate. At the end of the day or close to it it began to rain hard so we prayed for God to stop the rain and seconds later a circle of blue sky appeared above the park and only above the park. In every direction were Grey clouds. It was so amazing that is one of the biggest miracles I have been apart of. Levi even got it on video and me saying "Its not a coincidence" with those who knew me it was like my moto when I saw God working. Now days everybody around here says "Only God" but same difference.  Apparently God wants people to love him and trust him.... Humm imagine that. i bet I can prove it to you scientifically.

I am telling you this story not for my own glory or financial gain despite rumors and gossip, leave that to people who want to clap for pastors. For some reason this is one of those "let me out of the box" God stories. Usually people who don't read their bible much or pray to the God of the universe and struggle with envy or coveting have some sort of persecution to dish out but I have read the Gospels and Acts so I know faith in a HUGE God is not a sin. It is a sad day when Satan can use more weapons than we can or his box becomes bigger when he is merely the "god" of this world. This is the foundation of religion or as God told me once "something you will run into alot is people who are disciples of Paul and not Christ". Also he wanted me to journal and eventually write a book called "Truth and Reality" thus read the other other reason for extensive blogs and journals. Unfortunately my 2nd and greatest journal was stolen along with my bible a few years ago.  That is why I remember the past so much because its for doing God's work, almost every move and every choice I want to be for God yet often fear and holds me back.

I am a servant and friend of the lord Jesus Christ. I hope you all find him I can only point you to the narrow gate. God bless us all. It ended up being more like a connection project but it sure worked well. Also thats not the end of it I have seen God do other great things like these.

Note: I tended to use a sort of sarcastic "in your face" style during that season of my life. This stroy happened sometime in like 2005 or around there I think. Anyways Jesus is the way to the glory of the father.

No comments: