Sunday, November 30, 2008

A rim shot and a slam dunk

Here is another encouraging story (at least for me) it is. If you read the about me section here you will notice a mission prophecy I got from my own mouth that said I was supposed to use the media to reach my generation. I know it was because how it did not go through my mind and how it flowed. Anyway that was in like 2005 or 2006 I think. I eventually "just happened" to get a job at LHC and they are all about using media.  It was really neat, not exactly the level of service I hoped for but the right direction anyways.

After my department at LHC was outsourced I gave them my resume and through praying and looking around a guy I worked with Rick suggested I try CGI Productions. I did and I got hired on as an intern learning online marketing and stuff like that. Eventually I had to get another job and I was praying and I went up to Rick B. at LHC and said I wanted to be like an Internet Campus Pastor. He said that Cheryl White had just talked about looking for someone that very day. I emailed her and she eventually got back to me saying that they were not willing to pay me for that. So I know for SURE the voice I was hearing was the right one. I have found that most "Proffessional" Christ followers do not really do that its more like resources and relationships. Alot of those in official ministry should not be there and many of the best are not there. I do not claim to be the best at hearing his voice but from what I have seen I must be pretty close LOL. Vision and common sence says clearly that in the long run people are not going to want to learn from an impostor? How are you going to do it if the people YOU choose are not able to?

Long story short now I work at Cellecast a Radio on demand company serving the national media! That will not be the end of the story either. Not to praise myself but God sure rewards a guy who started out mostly just reading his bible and putting it into practice. I am telling you it works!

Another story recently is Carey my girlfriend has been becoming more and more into creative stuff and photography. We have been praying alot about what God wants her to do and sure enough she applied at a few photography studios and she got an interview. So we prayed about it again and just before we closed the phone rang and she got the job! As it turns out she is a christian lady who's husband is a missionary.... Imagine that! See thats why Jesus is our king its sort of like we give him a call and he passes it on to the right person.

Its amazing people do not want to love God and accept christ to me what else is there in life that is more important? Most of the other things in life are just not worth missing the adventure. I do admit I tend to passup open doors that do not look like a match with the will of God. The holy spirit knows his will I do not in my sinful nature. You can not steal your way in, as a matter of fact stealing makes you fall out of his grace and will. Sorry about the revisions of my blogs I have been working in IT recently and poor grammar and spelling is ok in note taking. Not to mention I have a hard time with transitions most of the time. Also stewardship of money really is not my thing I guess.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.

John 7:17
Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own.

Here is a nice church, yeah they do talk about money but its working, mostly.

ninja or nin·jas
A member of a class of 14th-century Japanese mercenary agents who were trained in the martial arts and hired for covert operations such as assassination and sabotage.

No comments: